Warehouse Associate - Part Time
We're TeeTurtle, a blossoming e-commerce company that provides nerdy, cute and funny tees to masses of adoring fans in over 50 countries. We’re looking for a Part-Time Warehouse Associate to join our fast-paced team with the ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully within all aspects of shipping, receiving & quality control functions.
Summary: The Part-Time Warehouse Associate is responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are completed accurately and on time. Keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets Company standards for safety, security, quality and productivity. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Checks outbound shipments for accuracy and readiness for customer delivery.
- Operate material handling equipment and manually move, store, pick & load product in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Ensure that the product is received, stored, picked, shipped accurately & in a manner that will not damage items.
- Inspect products for defects.
- Assure that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Utilize material warehouse management system to ascertain catalog number, size, color and quantity of merchandise to be picked from bins, shelves or locations.
- Receive products and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
- Collect all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents, including receiving paperwork, are filed appropriately.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Pack orders through warehouse management system, using various packing materials and labels.
- Comply with individual, team & departmental performance and productivity goals.
- Conduct operations in a manner which promote safety and in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as required.
- Abide by all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Ensure that warehouse is consistently clean and free of debris.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well with others, work individually and support miscellaneous functions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully within all aspects of receiving functions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Distribution/shipping center experience is preferred.
- Sufficient knowledge and skill to satisfactory complete of equipment training program.
- Basic computer, mathematics, reading and typing skills. Must be able to navigate and maneuver in Windows and text environments.
- Strong understanding of inventory flow.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug/alcohol test and background check.
- Basic computer skills are required to perform this job.
- Ability to remain standing for the entire length of shift.
- Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift stock up to 50lbs occasionally.
**Please include professional references with your application. Background check is required.**